PXV_Control ActiveX Control
The simple ActiveX Control that, when an OLE is embedded to a form or window, provides base functionality for the either viewing and manipulating PDF documents.
The control's GUID is:
The control's interface is:
The control's event sink interface is:
How to Instantiate
The easiest way to instantiate the control is to place the control on your form in form-designer mode. Alternatively you may instantiate the control without placement, though in some programming languages this will make difficult or restrict some required tasks. In C# for example you would do as follows:
AxPDFXEdit.AxPXV_Control pdfCtl = new AxPDFXEdit.AxPXV_Control(); pdfCtl.CreateControl();
How to Use
To prevent evaluation restrictions (the embedding of DEMO labels within a file and on screen) you must provide a PDF-XChange Editor SDK developer's license key using the IPXV_Control:SetLicKey method, once done so you will be able to use the entire API free of evaluation limitations.
When first reviewing the available functionality - listed below are popular features you may wish to begin with:
- IPXV_Control::OpenDocFromPath/IPXV_Control::Src to open a document from the specified source file name.
- IPXV_Control::PrintPages to print a documents pages.
- IPXV_Control::EnableEventListening - enable's 'listening' for necessary Editor events.
- IPXV_Control::CurrentPage/IPXV_Control::GoToNextPage/IPXV_Control::GoToDestination - to navigate pages.
- IPXV_Control::Inst - provides access to the main object of the SDK to expose available functionality.